(potato galette-chive creme fraiche-smoked salmon)
Today I want to share one of my favorite appetizers - it is simple yet delicious, and can be made for a couple or a crowd!
You will need:
potatoes (I used yukon gold)
salt and pepper
1. Start by cleaning the potatoes, then thinly slicing them julienne.
2. Combine the potatoes in a bowl with some salt and pepper and garlic herb seasoning.
3. Coat the bottom of a large non-stick skillet with olive oil and cook at high heat.
4. Once the oil is hot spread your potato mixture into the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
5. When the bottom of your galette is golden brown and holding together flip it over and cook the other side until it is also golden brown. (note-if you are in a hurry you can use frozen shredded potatoes to save time!)
6. Remove the galette from the pan and set aside.
7. Mix the creme fraiche and diced chives together along with a little salt and pepper.
8. Spread the creme fraiche over the potato galette.
9. Layer your smoked salmon on the top.
10. Cut your dish into wedges and garnish with some more diced chives (I add some lightly dressed mixed greens, too!).
11. Serve and enjoy!
...my sous chef - lucy!