Now, for the continuation of my favorite pizza...
This pizza consists of all my favorite toppings, and is my go-to when we are craving pizza! I recently stepped up my "pizza game" when I picked up this Emile Henry pizza stone. This piece can be used in the oven or on the grill. Since it was such a lovely night we decided to cook our pizza on the grill. This was a first for me, and it turned out perfect-o! Here are the details:
dough (recipe here)
extra virgin olive oil - for drizzling
4 oz. can tomato sauce
8 - 12 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
2 links Italian sausage
1 large portabello mushroom
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup fresh basil
red pepper flakes
(preheat grill or over to 500+ degrees)
1. Grill and slice the Italian sausage, and set aside.
2. Slice up the portabello and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Roast (broil in the oven) for a few minutes.
3. In the mean time slice up your tomato and garlic.
4. Add the tomato and garlic to the roasting pan and roast for another few minutes. (I added some red onion too, since it was already chopped in the fridge)
5. Thinly slice the mozzarella and shave Parmesan.
6. Chop up your fresh basil - I prefer larger pieces on my pizza.
7. Take out your dough and press out on a floured cooking service of choice.
8. Drizzle some olive oil and salt on the dough.
9. Add your tomato sauce - I like to go light on the sauce.
10. I prefer toppings under my cheese so I add my toppings on top of the sauce.
11. Layer your mozzarella on top.
12. Top your pie with basil, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes.
13. Put the pizza on the hot grill (or in the oven).
14. Let the pizza cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly!
15. Slice, serve and enjoy...yummmmmm!!