With the first signs of fall, I have been craving some spicy soup. I love this taco soup...it is healthy, easy and delicious! It is a great meal to make in advance and eat all week. You can add your favorite tasty toppings too! :) mmmmmm......
1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
1 red onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 - 4 oz. cans diced green chilies
1 - 12 oz. rotel, drained
1 - 12oz. can pinto beans, drained
1 - 12 oz. can black beans, drained
32 oz chicken broth
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Dice and chop all your veggies.
2. Cook/brown turkey, onion, garlic in a pan with spices (using the spice amounts above will give it a kick - use less if you do not want it to be too spicy).
3. Once cooked move meat mixture to the stock pot, at medium heat.
4. Add red pepper, green chilies and rotel to the pot.
5. Stir in both cans of beans.
6. Add cilantro.
7. Pour in chicken broth
8. Reduce heat to low and let simmer.
9. To make tortilla strips :: slice corn tortillas, heat oil on high, lightly fry and remove when crispy.
10. Fill your bowl, add your toppings and serve!
(plenty for leftovers too!)