Tuesday, August 14, 2012

project nursery - phase 1


Project nursery has been underway for quite some time in our house (hello nesting).  The room is almost complete, but I don't plan to give the full reveal until after little Mason arrives.  So, I will be sharing the design process in phases prior to the big reveal!

Phase 1 consisted of  cleaning out the entire room - the nursery was once our guest room (sorry potential guests - you have been booted), so we had to empty it out before we could make it baby ready.  I went on a very successful craigslist selling spree and sold all the items within a week - go me!  Once empty, we measured the room for potential furniture options - hence the tape on the floor.

Once we found out baby's gender, next on the agenda was picking a paint color, prepping and painting the room and choosing furniture...


We picked out 6 colors to sample - slapped them up on the wall and quickly narrowed the field down to 2 finalist!  The winner was "Sparrow" by Behr!  I wanted a soft grey color that would look good with both bright colors and neutrals.  After a few days the winner was clear and it was time to start prepping the room to paint.  We taped off everything, covered the floor and got to work with the "help" of Lucy...















This was my first "painting" project and, I must say, it is hard work!  While our paint job was not perfect I am very happy with the results of our weekend project.  

Next week ... the furniture!

2 comments:

MSBABY said...

Everything looks so fresh and pretty! Great job! I love the paint color with the white trim.

I hope that you will stop by Unique Baby Gear Ideas and share your beautiful nursery pictures when you're done!

kelly | being lovely said...

Thank you! I will stop by and share pic's as soon as the room is complete! Thanks for reading! xo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...